Monday 19 January 2015

My Essentials: Make Up


Today is my make up essentials. This is what I wear every day and the brushes I would use. These are all drug store as my budget isn't very eccentric. I'm also not going to go into much detail about my brushes as (spoiler alert!) there will be a blog post about my brushes, just like the rest of my make up.

Recently I haven't been wearing foundation every day only on the odd occasion but the one I am using at the moment is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. This really perks up my face when I am looking tired or dull (almost every day). It also corresponds with my concealer which, when I'm not using foundation i put in areas where there is discolouration, blemishes or dark under eyes. To be honest, The Collection Concealer is a lot better for my under eyes as they are very dark but the Rimmel concealer cover them mostly.

Depending on how much time I have or how I am feeling I fill in my eye brows with the Sleek Brow Kit in Blonde. I only use the powder everyday as its lighter in colour so looks more natural on me. Over the top, if I'm in a rush, or if I really can't be bothered I use the Rimmel Brow This Way clear brow gel which I like as it makes them look like I have brows and makes them say in place.

As I don't want to look flat and like a blank canvas, I use the Soap and Glory Solar Powder to bronze and warm up my face. If I feel like I want a more contorted look I will use the exact same product but just the darker shade rather than both colours, and use a different brush. To set my face and so I don't look shiny I use the Rimmel Stay Matt Powder in 001 Transparent. Who would have guessed. Everyone and there dog raves about this and I love it too. It just matifys and keeps your make up in place but doesn't make you look flat.

Finally I use my trusty Maybellene The Falses Waterproof Mascara. This is in my 2014 favourites and will probably be in more favourites to come. There's not much better really.

I know it seems like there is a lot of Rimmel products but there are one of the products that I find reliable and suits my skin type and is what is available in my local boots as that is very limited.

Brush wise I'm just going to touch on what are my favourites and what I use them for. This my shock you for some but it is what works for me.

Real Techniques Buffing Brush- Foundation and Powder
Real Techniques Contour Brush- Concealer (It fits perfectly under my eyes promise!)
Real Techniques Blush Brush- Powder and Bronzer
Real Techniques Brow Brush- Brow Powder
Real Techniques 300- Contouring
Models Own Lash Curlers
Lash and Brow Groomer (I Lost my Real Techniques ones)

Thanks for reading. Next in the series is Skincare. See you then

Saskia x

No comments:

Post a Comment